The Willoughby Society was formed in 1962. It's objects are:
- To Search out and record all available information relating to the Parish of Willoughby
- To record the natural history of the Parish of Willoughby
- To take an interest in and record the archaeological features of the Parish of Willoughby
- To maintain and improve the environment of the village of Willoughby
- To publicise and generate outside interest in the village of Willoughby
- To foster community cohesion and develop friendly contact with similar organizations and arrange social and cultural events..
- To organise, foster and assist in charitable matters affecting the Parish of Willoughby.
Today the Society arranges a programme of talks on subjects of interest to villagers, contributes to projects that enhance the village and it's facilities, and arranges regular social events. In addition members research the village history and preserve and expand the village archive of documents, photographs, and other media.
The Officers of the Society are:
Chair: Leonie Tromans
Secretary: Phil Cox
Treasurer: Richard Jackson
Committee Members: Jackie Gibbard; Joyce Jackson; Joanne Lewis; Wendy Cox, Roger Atkins
To see a copy of the Society's constituion click here
Willoughby's Natural World
Since 1977 the Society has been recording items of interest about the village's flora, fauna, and weather. The information recorded was gathered by the current recorder at the Society's monthly meetings. In 2011 a Sighting form is being added to this site which we hope will lead to more detailed records for the future. To learn more or enter a sighting report click on the button below.
A brief outline of the village's history can be found on the "About" page of this site. Further information can be gleaned from the village archives (see below), documents in the archive of Magdalen College, Oxford. The County Records Office at Warwick also holds many items relating to the village including the originals of the material in the online archive.
The Society Archivist may also be able to assist enquirers from material that cannot be published online. He can be contacted via the site feedback form.
Seperate galeries of recent events are added to this page and listed on the right. These images will be added to the main archive in due course.